Tuesday 2 September 2014

First Day

Hello again Lovelies,

So most of you will surely be returning to school or work very soon, if you haven't already. It's time to bring back: coffee mornings with a few short hours of sleep, running out the door because you ran out of time almost forgetting your keys! Trust me, those scenarios are far too typical in reality. Well unless you're an absolutly punctual person who in general get's everything done 10 minutes before it has to be ready.

Today was my first day back at school as a sixth former and it was has been the weirdest day for me... okay, maybe I am over exaggerating. It was a pretty smooth day, but I couldn't help but feel a little anxious or weirded out by the changes... I am in the same school, but not in my uniform; I've been with all of the poeple in the room I got registered in for 5 years, but I still feel like I'm in a room full of complete strangers -which realistically is true- And then the strike of reality where all of my close and really good friends have gone their own way somewhere else. It was really nostalgic walking through the corridoors and courtyards reminiscing all of the good old memories and everything I used to enjoy and have.

Coming in today really hit me hard - because I realised again and again, that NOTHING is permanent. Everyone you are with, and have now could be somewhere else in the near or forthcoming future. You don't exactly realise what you have until it's gone. So really really just make most of every important person you have in your life, do NOT take for granted any time you have with them. I insanely miss the people I was associated with last year. And even though I really wasn't close to a lot of them, except a small group, I really did enjoy their company and memories that were made. I miss being a kid at school, being able to joke and mess around during break. I know some of you may think I am being downright cheesy, but I guess everyone could go through this [similar kind] of stage in their lives, so in other scenarios it's almost completly relatable. Now, I am a junior/sixth former. One of the oldest in the schools, someone who has to keep her head down and work, stay out of trouble, has to be 'mature' all the time and behave. Honestly, that sounds idealisic. But not at all fun, and I like harmless fun.

Although, even if I grow up I'll always be a kid at heart!

I am anxious about the next two years. The same kind of feeling you get when you're about to sit on a really scary rollercoaster just waiting for it to start.

I shall update soon. Most probably about school again.. sorry if these blog posts have been very dry recently.

Smile always!

-January

No comments:

Post a Comment